Psychiatric Rehabilitation Programs (PRP) at Rosie's Recovery Center are specifically designed to support adults with serious and persistent mental illness. These programs are facilitated by trained psychiatric rehabilitation practitioners and offer a combination of onsite and offsite services to meet the individual needs of each member.
The PRP begins with a comprehensive assessment of each member's skills and resources to determine their specific needs. If additional skills or resources are required, the staff is qualified to provide education, training, or access to those resources. Rehabilitation is provided through individualized meetings, educational groups, and organized social activities, all tailored to the member's unique needs and ongoing assessments.
The goals of the PRP include:
1. Facilitating the enhancement of independent living and social skills: The program aims to support individuals in developing their ability to make decisions about their own lives. This includes creating opportunities for choice regarding home, school, work, or community.
2. Providing access to community resources: The PRP assists individuals in integrating into the community by connecting them with relevant resources and services.
3. Offering rehabilitative activities: Through individual sessions, psycho-educational groups, and family groups, the program helps members work towards their personalized treatment plan. This includes focusing on various areas of skill development.
Specific areas of focus within the PRP may include:
- Self-care skills: Teaching and promoting personal hygiene, grooming, dietary planning, food preparation, and age-appropriate self-administration of medication.
- Social skills: Providing training in conflict resolution, improving peer interactions, anger management, interacting with authority figures, assertiveness training, and assessing risks in social environments.
- Independent living skills: Assisting individuals in maintaining their personal living space, developing community awareness, improving mobility skills, managing money, maintaining housekeeping standards, emphasizing punctuality, teaching task analyses and completion of chores, promoting safety in the community, educating on age-appropriate meal preparation, and teaching laundry skills.
- Leisure and recreational activities: Encouraging the development of healthy leisure activities, utilizing leisure time to foster teamwork and peer support behaviors, and promoting productive and rewarding use of alone time.
- Schedule planning: Assisting individuals in daily schedule planning, time management, developing routines, and preparing for the next day.
- Cultural interests: Supporting exploration of activities that align with the individual's cultural interests and facilitating self-expression through artistic modalities.
- Medication and symptom management: Providing age-appropriate education and resources to help individuals understand the roles and effects of prescribed medications and manage their symptoms effectively.
- Healthy living education: Offering age-appropriate education on basic nutrition, exercise, and sexuality to promote overall well-being.
The PRP at Rosie's Recovery Center is designed to empower individuals with serious and persistent mental illness by equipping them with the necessary skills, resources, and support to enhance their independent living, social functioning, and overall quality of life.
Copyright © 2022 Rosie's Recovery Center Dba RRC Mental Health Clinic - All Rights Reserved.